SSL certificate downloaded with zero size

Post your questions here, if you are not sure where you should.
Note: your post may be moved to appropriate forum by moderators.
samidha12

SSL certificate downloaded with zero size

Post by samidha12 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am

When I you generate new activation key from Self-Service Portal and activate SafeSquid using same activation key. And download SSL certificate from SafeSquid Interface by enabling HTTPS Inspection section.
After that I import same certificate into my browser and access HTTPS website. But I am getting certificate error on browser. Please help me out..

India samidha

Re: SSL certificate downloaded with zero size

Post by samidha » Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 am

Hello mam,
First you have to generate SSL certificates from self-service portal before configuring HTTPS inspection.
Follow Link : https://docs.safesquid.com/wiki/Setup_HTTPS_Inspection
If you directly download SSL certificate from SafeSquid Interface by enabling HTTPS Inspection section, You should get SSL Certificate downloaded with zero size and if same certificate you import in your browser you will get SSL error.
To avoid that,
Once you generate SSL certificate from Self-Service Portal by giving a passphrase any time you can download it and import it in your browser.
You have two options from where you can download your SSL certificate.
1. For SafeSquid Self-Service Portal.
2.Fro SafeSquid Web GUI.
Install/Import SafeSquid SSL certificates into the browsers. If you did not install certificate into the browser and HTTPS inspection is enabled, then you will get an error while accessing the HTTPS websites.