Allowing Specific YouTube Videos/Playlist is a nightmare.Is there a Easy Solution Team

Tell everybody, what you think about SafeSquid!
Speak your mind!
United States of America chinna

Allowing Specific YouTube Videos/Playlist is a nightmare.Is there a Easy Solution Team

Post by chinna » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:52 am

Hello Team,
I have one Request,
Allowing Specific YouTube Videos/Playlist is a nightmare.Is there a Easy Solution Team and why i am saying this is :

I am currently using SafeSquid-SWG in my College Premises.
And all my staff’s PC/Laptop traffic is going via safesquid and on safequid I have imposed few policies & restrcitions.
I have policy created for youtube videos wherein I allow only specific youtube videos for staff. So that, they can show them to the student in the lecture.
Due to which I am having frequent request for allowing videos/Playlist/channel etc.
Is there any easy way to allow only specific category of videos.
Because allowing a specific video on request is a very tedious job.
Is there a easy solution Team

India samidha

Re: Allowing Specific YouTube Videos/Playlist is a nightmare.Is there a Easy Solution Team

Post by samidha » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:17 am

Hello chinna,

Yes, we have a solution....
The latest Version of SafeSquid includes Integration of YouTube API. That means you can now create Policies on the basis of YouTube Categories.
You can allow videos of specific category.
Now need to add Videos / Playlist / Channel manually and then keep on adding as per users request.
If you want to implement the configuration at your college premises let us know your convenient time. Our support team can implement as per the time schedule.
Or we will provide you the document so that you can implement the configuration yourself.
The implementation part is quite easy...

United States of America chinna

Re: Allowing Specific YouTube Videos/Playlist is a nightmare.Is there a Easy Solution Team

Post by chinna » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks for the reply Samidha...
Actually if you provide us the implementation steps that would be really helpful to me.

India samidha

Post by samidha » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Oh sure.. :) .Will definitely help you out.
1.Create a YouTube V3 API using your Google Account from given link : https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library
2.Generate an API Key.
3.Integrate the YouTube API Key in SafeSquid-SWG

If you stuck while integration, please follow the given link. Here you should find the documentation (Howto) :
https://docs.safesquid.com/wiki/Youtube ... ube_Videos
Attachments
image.png
image.png (56.79 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
image.png
image.png (58.17 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
image.png
image.png (106.81 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
image.png
image.png (115.63 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
image.png
image.png (116.96 KiB) Viewed 2067 times

India santosh

Post by santosh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello,
Support for YouTube Category Control has been incorporated in safesquid-2019.0623.2332.3-swg-concept release. You can now allow/block YouTube videos on the basis of your own specified video category.

But we recommend you to download and use latest SafeSquid package for best results.